Learn more about the people, products and reports mentioned in Monday’s General Session
Biographies and photos
- Jason Silva – Our host is also a filmmaker, futurist and “epiphany addict.” Follow him on Twitter @JasonSilva
- Robert LeBlanc – Senior Vice President, Middleware Software, IBM Software Group
- Inhi Cho Suh – Vice President, IBM Information Management. Twitter: @Inhicho
- Deepak Advani – Vice President Products, IBM Business Analytics
- Arvind Krishna – General Manager, IBM Information Management
- T-Mobile – Handling 17 billion events
- Vestas – Analyzing 2.8 petabytes
- Premier Healthcare – Growing, retaining and satisfying customers
- ConAgra – Increasing operational efficiency
- Santam Insurance – Managing risk, fraud and compliance
- OmnicomGroup – Transforming financial processes
- IBM Champions – The complete list of IBM Champions
IBM Big Data Platform – an enterprise class big data platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data business challenges. The benefit of the platform is leverage – the ability to start with one capability and easily add others over your big data journey.
IBM PureSystems – Combining the flexibility of a general purpose system, the elasticity of cloud and the simplicity of an appliance. They are integrated by design and come with built in expertise gained from decades of experience to deliver a simplified IT experience.
IBM Smarter Analytics – With IBM Smarter Analytics, you can extract insights from your enterprise data and all the big data that is continuously flowing in from a variety of new sources.
2012 IBM Global Data Center Study – Learn what makes data centers highly efficient. Get insights from IT managers and CIOs.
2012 IBM Global CEO Study – Hear how CEOs, general managers and other senior leaders are responding to the complexity of increasingly interconnected organizations, markets, societies and governments.
Analytics: The real-world use of big data – Get insights into organizations’ top business objectives, where they are in their big data journey, and how they are advancing their big data efforts.
Other recommended activities today
We have two excellent tweet-ups scheduled this afternoon in the social lounges. Each will be hosted by an expert on the topic who will ask a few questions to get the ball rolling. Come to share your opinions and experience, or just listen in and meet others interested in the topic!
- It’s a Big Data World! What Skills Do You Need?
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Think Big Social Lounge – Session #4232A
IBM Big Data Evangelist James Kobielus and Leon Katsnelson, Big Data and Cloud Computing Director, will get the ball rolling with some provocative questions about a fast-changing topic.
- Using Social Analytics to Target the Undecided Customer
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Connect Social Lounge – Session #4233A
IBM’s Ed Burek will use the 2012 US presidential election as a microcosm for how social analytics can uncover sentiment and identify trends.
Book Signings and Discounts
Beginning at 11:00 a.m. today and running till 7:00 p.m., the Bookstore will feature several “Meet the Author” sessions, discounts on featured books, and special giveaways. Check this blog post for details.
Follow Us All Week – And Beyond!
You can’t be in two places at once, but there’s so much happening at Information On Demand 2012! Stay abreast of all the news and happenings while you’re here – and when you get back home.
IBM IOD blog: Session previews and recaps, tips on getting the most out of the conference, and more!
Facebook: View, tag and comment on photos, tell us what you like best, show your family and co-workers how much you’re learning (and how much fun you’re having!)
YouTube: Watch all the general sessions and keynotes, as well as interviews with product experts, business partners, clients and other attendees.
Engage! Follow all the social conversations around IOD from one spot!
Stay in touch – Here’s a list of nearly 60 IBM social accounts you can follow now and beyond IOD.